Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh What a Tangled Web We Weave.....

Years ago, when the scarf craze was HOT, we used to knit or crochet with fancy yarns...and it was mostly with 2 yarns together. I remember knitting a triangular scarf riding in the car to our daughter's house. I said to myself...'I don't need to separate these yarns, I'll be okay.' So wrong!!!

As I'm riding, I'm cutting and knotting, cutting and knotting, and then I cut and I knotted again!!!

So, how do you avoid this mess? You can do a few things: either put each ball of yarn in a zip lock bag OR we carry zippered vinyl bags that have either 1, 2 or 3 holes in the top. This way, the yarn is separated, but in one container!!

It really doesn't matter which yarns you're putting together.....just separate them. They will definitely fight like 2 unruly children. Don't be cocky and NOT separate them---trust me!!! You will definitely be happy that you did!!

HAPPY STITCHING, my friends!!

No comments: