Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stitch N' Rip

My friend Brigitte is knitting herself an afghan. After getting through about 1/8th of the pattern, she realized that her double moss stitch wasn't double moss anymore! She had to rip out at least 4 rows (or maybe more!)

I felt like Mighty Mouse...'here I come to save the day!' Instead of either taking out each stitch at a time OR ripping out all those rows without protection (oh my), I had her take a long strand of yarn that was attached to a yarn needle and made her weave through her stitches on her last correct row.

This makes it easier to rip your stitches down--you are saved by the yarn. Brigitte didn't have another circular needle with her, so you improvise, like others do! This made putting her stitches back onto her circular needle an easier job and a lot less frustrating as well!!

So, don't throw away your long strands of yarn. Keep at least a few of them with you wherever you go, because it's easier to stitch n' rip with this handy little tool!

Happy Stitching, my friends!!

No comments: