Thursday, July 22, 2010

Relax, think and Knit

I just finished reading KNIT ONE, KILL TWO by Maggie Sefton and while reading the book, they came up with a good idea that I wanted to share with everyone.

Sometimes life can be stressful, we all know that. There are even times when I would tell a client that she/he should never stitch while upset or angry. Well, after reading the book, I have changed my thoughts.

Since I don't want to give any info regarding this great mystery, I will say that the employees of the yarn shop told the main character to basically "chill out" while she knits. This way her mind could find some answers to questions that were bothering her.

I find that when I sit and either knit or crochet, I do find myself coming up with either answers to some problems or ideas for the shop.

So, if you're stressed, etc., pick up your hook or needles and start stitching. My only advice is that you don't use it as a weapon to your yarn!!! Be kind to the yarn, don't strangle it....at this moment it's basically your only friend.

I hope that as you read this, you are not experiencing any stress, etc., in your life, but if you are try it.......it does work!!

HAPPY STITCHING, my friends!

No comments: