Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

'I'm going to cry because I have to tear out all the work that I just did' . That's some of the issues we come across in our shop.

What I like to tell everyone who has to TINK (knit spelled backwords) their work (meaning to tear out their stitches) is that don't sweat the small stuff. Your knitting or crocheting is there for you to enjoy....it has nothing to do with world peace, splitting the atom or putting the first person on Mars. It's stitching. Period!

When it comes to matters of real importance....your health, family, etc., then get crazy.

There's a line from the movie A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN, where Tom Hanks, who plays the girls' manager says: 'There's no crying in baseball!' I agree.....no crying when it comes to our handwork. We can manage anything. Look at it as a learning experience. You made a mistake, correct it, and move on!! Here, that boo-boo goes into what I like to call your LIBRARY OF KNOWLEDGE. You know you WON'T make that mistake again! Again, it's truly a learning experience.

So, if you have a problem with your knit/crochet project....put it down for awhile...pick it up and I'm sure you can figure it out. If not, Mama is always here to help you!

HAPPY STITCHING, my Friends!

No comments: