Friday, July 25, 2008

CLOTHESLINE BAG

I look forward to Thursdays because it's my day off to do what I want to do, all by myself, if you know what I mean! I had errands to run and then I took myself shopping. After walking around for awhile, I realized the time and said "oh, just one-half hour more." Well, that half-hour came and went and I couldn't leave because of the heavy rain. So, back to shopping and I want to let you know what I found.

Have you ever walked right by something and it called your name? That's what happened to me. As I was trying to kill time I found something that said "hey Ginny, come here, you can knit with me!" Well I listened to my colorful friend, who happened to have a lot of colorful friends by him, and proceeded to pick out what I needed, or what I thought I would need to make a knit project bag. I stopped knitting to write this blog to you all because I am having so much fun knitting my Clothesline bag. Yes, you heard right. What I'm knitting with is clothesline. It happens to look like I-cord, so I couldn't resist trying it out---and guess what, it is working out b-e-a-u-t-f-u-l-l-y!

So, wherever you go, keep your eyes AND ears open--you'll be surprised what you may come across. If you check our WALL OF PURSE-AN-ALITY you will see a white with silver eyelash purse---and it was knitted with white nylon twine. Why not!!? It looks very much like the original that's made up, except for the silver eyelash. The possibilities are endless.
If you have knitted OR crocheted with something that is NOT yarn, let me know. Just respond by clicking onto the COMMENTS section after the blog!


HAPPY STITCHING!!

No comments: