Monday, July 14, 2008

Frog-It (aka Rip-it, Rip-It, Rip-It)!!

I'm a believer that there's a reason why things happen. Several years ago, Steve (my husband) and I were on a plane to California to go to our winter trade show. Of course I had 2 sticks and lots of yarn!! I was working on the back of a bulky cotton sweater when I noticed that 3/4's of the way down I made a big boo-boo! So, instead of getting rabid mad, I frogged it: (rip-it, rip-it, rip-it). As Steve was winding up the scads of yarn that I unknitted, I realized I should of had a V-8!!! Instantly revelation set in! All I had to do was go to my boo-boo, take the stitch off the needle, rip it down and reverse the stitch. But....I had to learn, and really, it wasn't the hard way. I feel that a mistake is not always a bad thing--it's a learning experience. What I like to tell my customers is 'let this be the worst thing that ever happens to you.' So, my friends think of your boo-boos as being a teacher--you get to learn on your own sometimes, plus, Steve says that you get to knit again without it costing you any more money!!
Check out my website: http://www.stitchershaven.com for classes and more!

5 comments:

jennyh said...

Very cool - love the blog! Would like to hear anything interesting that happens in your classes as well. Thanks :) Jennifer, Phoenix, AZ (visited while working at American Express in Plantation in May 2008).

ginny said...

Jennifer,
Your my first response!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Please continue to check our blog, since I just posted another one!!! Hopefully we'll be putting pix on it as well as videos!
It's hard to say what interesting things happen in our classes. I'm glad our customers come to take our classes and our FREE CLINICS which we hold twice a month. They get to learn so much there and things need to be taught because we are a "teaching store."
The next time you get to So FLA, stop by and say "hi!"
Thanks a bunch!
Ginny

Unknown said...

Greetings!

Way cool, Ginny! Leap frogging into the interactive internet. Will we see you on YouTube or MySpace next?

ginny said...

Beatrice,
You're gonna give me a swelled head! Just kidding, thank you for your comments. I plan on putting some videos on the blog in the near future--gotta learn how to do it!!
Thanks,
Ginny

Fran said...

Hi Ginny....I want to first thank you for helping me last week before I moved to the Keys and also congratulations on the blog!I agree with Beatrice about You Tube. As a novice knitter I sometimes go to You Tube as I'm a visual learner. Some You Tubes are helpful and others not so much. You are such a great teacher, that your You Tube would be very helpful, especially for someone like me, who really appreciates your knowledge but just can't swing by as easily as before.